Spring man lands huge blue marlin
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Spring man has one amazing fish story that is absolutely true, and he has the pictures and the trophy to prove it.
Chris Howat battled a gigantic blue marlin for seven and a half hours. He says it took the whole crew to get it in the boat. When it was all said and done, this fish weighed in at 721 pounds. That's the largest marlin caught nationwide so far this year.
The catch netted him first place in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic Tournament. Howat now fishes tournaments as a full-time job.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare 42 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Gay pride parade's new condom policy draws criticism 36 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5 6 min ago
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword
- Students sharpen math and science skills at...
13 min ago
- People's Lawyer Richard Alderman answers...
1 min ago