Foundation looking to repair homes of veterans
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Do you know any veterans who need help repairing their homes? A foundation is offering to do just that!
The Home Depot Foundation's Day of Service is on September 6, and volunteers from Team Depot and Rebuilding Together - Houston are looking to repairing the homes of low-income veterans in the Houston area.
In the past year, the organizations teamed up to repair the homes of 23 veterans. The projects were all funded by the Home Depot Foundation.
This year, the organizations are encouraging more low-income veteran homeowners to apply for the upcoming repair program.
To submit an application or to receive more information, please contact Tracy DuBose, Director of Operations and Programs, at 713-659-2511.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 43 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HCSO: Father shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 1 min ago
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 10 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past 17 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 16 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Travis Herzog's Thursday weather forecast
40 min ago