Foundation looking to repair homes of veterans
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Do you know any veterans who need help repairing their homes? A foundation is offering to do just that!
The Home Depot Foundation's Day of Service is on September 6, and volunteers from Team Depot and Rebuilding Together - Houston are looking to repairing the homes of low-income veterans in the Houston area.
In the past year, the organizations teamed up to repair the homes of 23 veterans. The projects were all funded by the Home Depot Foundation.
This year, the organizations are encouraging more low-income veteran homeowners to apply for the upcoming repair program.
To submit an application or to receive more information, please contact Tracy DuBose, Director of Operations and Programs, at 713-659-2511.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 25 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
51 min ago