HPD: Two killed in drug-related shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a shooting that killed two men in northeast Houston is linked to drugs.
Houston police say three unknown male suspects entered the residence in the 3700 block of Lelia St. at around 4:30pm Tuesday and demanded money, according to witnesses. Several gunshots were heard and the suspects were seen running out the back door of the residence. The suspects ran westbound on Lelia and then fled the location in a white Ford pickup truck parked nearby.
According to police, the motive for the shooting appears to be narcotics related.
The victims, Juan Castillo, 20, and Mario Rene Lopez, 33, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police describe the suspects only as black males.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas 14 min ago
- Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
14 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos