Dickinson girl, 5, who drank lighter fluid dies
DICKINSON (KTRK) -- We have a sad update to a story we brought you earlier this week. A young Dickinson girl who drank lighter fluid from a water bottle has died.
The five-year-old girl died Tuesday night at Hermann Hospital. Her five-year-old sister, who also drank the lighter fluid, has been treated and released from Clear Lake Regional Hospital.
Their girls' mother says she noticed her daughters drinking it while filling up at a gas station on Saturday. She says the lighter fluid was in an unlabeled water bottle in the car and had been there since July 4. It had been used for fireworks.
Investigators are calling it a tragic accident and say no charges will be filed.
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 2 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure 11 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 18 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co. 36 min ago
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Mandalay Bay agrees to $500K fine in drug sting
- Pap smears could be thing of the past