Dickinson girl, 5, who drank lighter fluid dies
DICKINSON (KTRK) -- We have a sad update to a story we brought you earlier this week. A young Dickinson girl who drank lighter fluid from a water bottle has died.
The five-year-old girl died Tuesday night at Hermann Hospital. Her five-year-old sister, who also drank the lighter fluid, has been treated and released from Clear Lake Regional Hospital.
Their girls' mother says she noticed her daughters drinking it while filling up at a gas station on Saturday. She says the lighter fluid was in an unlabeled water bottle in the car and had been there since July 4. It had been used for fireworks.
Investigators are calling it a tragic accident and say no charges will be filed.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos