Mom charged in boy's death had history with CPS
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're learning more about a mother accused in the death of her toddler. It turns out she has a long history with Child Protective Services.
Vastie Coleman is accused of beating her four-year-old son with a cord. He later died from those injuries.
Eyewitness News has learned CPS officials have investigated Coleman five times since March 2007. The allegations included neglect, physical abuse, and drug abuse. Over the course of the investigations, she took drug treatment services and even parenting classes.
Coleman's two daughters are now in CPS custody.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier 1 min ago
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos