Renovations complete at Hobby Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Renovations to the departures entrance ramp at Hobby Airport are finally done.
Traffic had been routed through the parking garage for the 10 months the ramp was closed. Crews had to replace pavement on the ramp as part of a $350 million airport renovation.
Baggage claim is being expanded as is the restaurant space. A new Pappas BBQ restaurant will also open in the airport today.
The city council also recently voted to approve Southwest Airlines' plan to build additional gates for international destinations.
hobby airport, local
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 4 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 26 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Three Webster officers go before judge today 33 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire 9 min ago
- Three local teams hope to bring home state football titles 32 min ago
- Repeat winner for most annoying word of 2013 39 min ago
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths