Renovations complete at Hobby Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Renovations to the departures entrance ramp at Hobby Airport are finally done.
Traffic had been routed through the parking garage for the 10 months the ramp was closed. Crews had to replace pavement on the ramp as part of a $350 million airport renovation.
Baggage claim is being expanded as is the restaurant space. A new Pappas BBQ restaurant will also open in the airport today.
The city council also recently voted to approve Southwest Airlines' plan to build additional gates for international destinations.
hobby airport, local
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 6 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 37 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 1 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 6 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 56 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston