One person struck and killed by train in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was struck and killed by a train Friday morning in north Houston.
The body was discovered around 5am in the 2000 block of Lorraine at the Eastex Freeway.
Police identified the victim as 47-year-old Louis James Bremer III. He attempted to cross between cars behind a locomotive and was struck by a passing train, investigators said.
We're told the accident happened around midnight. Hours later, a passing Kansas City Southern railroad engine conductor saw the body lying on another track as he passed and called it in. He was not the person who hit the victim.
This area is a slow-moving track, so the train would not have been traveling at a high rate of speed, according to police.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- One dead, two injured n wreck in NW Houston 4 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 48 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 47 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death