One person struck and killed by train in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was struck and killed by a train Friday morning in north Houston.
The body was discovered around 5am in the 2000 block of Lorraine at the Eastex Freeway.
Police identified the victim as 47-year-old Louis James Bremer III. He attempted to cross between cars behind a locomotive and was struck by a passing train, investigators said.
We're told the accident happened around midnight. Hours later, a passing Kansas City Southern railroad engine conductor saw the body lying on another track as he passed and called it in. He was not the person who hit the victim.
This area is a slow-moving track, so the train would not have been traveling at a high rate of speed, according to police.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 9 min ago
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer 17 min ago
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos