5-year-old hit by car in NW Houston parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teen driver is accused of running over a five-year-old child in a northwest Houston parking lot Saturday.
Witnesses said the five-year-old had just finished practice in a football field off Bammel North Houston at Misty Valley Drive and was walking into the parking lot to his or her parents.
According to the child's coach, the child was struck by a car driven by a teenage female. The coach tells us the driver was speeding through the parking lot when the accident happened.
We are told the child was transported to Texas Children's Hospital with massive head injuries. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
A second auto-pedestrian accident occured about an hour later and involved a six-year-old child. It happened in north Houston at an apartment complex in the 811 block of Richcrest. Harris County Sheriff's office deputies said the child was riding through the complex on his bicycle when he was struck by a vehicle. He was transported to an area hospital but is expected to be OK.
- One dead, two injured in Colorado school shooting 6 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 4 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Tech sergeant surprises kids at school in time for Christmas 12 min ago
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines
- Man accused of throwing father out of his own home 33 min ago
- Police searching for Denny's restaurant robbers 34 min ago
- Police chase prompts lockdown at 2 schools 36 min ago
- Ex-Houston port IT director posts bond on theft charge 39 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos