5-year-old hit by car in NW Houston parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teen driver is accused of running over a five-year-old child in a northwest Houston parking lot Saturday.
Witnesses said the five-year-old had just finished practice in a football field off Bammel North Houston at Misty Valley Drive and was walking into the parking lot to his or her parents.
According to the child's coach, the child was struck by a car driven by a teenage female. The coach tells us the driver was speeding through the parking lot when the accident happened.
We are told the child was transported to Texas Children's Hospital with massive head injuries. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
A second auto-pedestrian accident occured about an hour later and involved a six-year-old child. It happened in north Houston at an apartment complex in the 811 block of Richcrest. Harris County Sheriff's office deputies said the child was riding through the complex on his bicycle when he was struck by a vehicle. He was transported to an area hospital but is expected to be OK.
- Mother killed in police chase remembered
- Mother of drowned girl uses her story to save lives
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- Search ends for missing swimmer at San Luis Pass
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars