5-year-old hit by car in NW Houston parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teen driver is accused of running over a five-year-old child in a northwest Houston parking lot Saturday.
Witnesses said the five-year-old had just finished practice in a football field off Bammel North Houston at Misty Valley Drive and was walking into the parking lot to his or her parents.
According to the child's coach, the child was struck by a car driven by a teenage female. The coach tells us the driver was speeding through the parking lot when the accident happened.
We are told the child was transported to Texas Children's Hospital with massive head injuries. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
A second auto-pedestrian accident occured about an hour later and involved a six-year-old child. It happened in north Houston at an apartment complex in the 811 block of Richcrest. Harris County Sheriff's office deputies said the child was riding through the complex on his bicycle when he was struck by a vehicle. He was transported to an area hospital but is expected to be OK.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 22 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast 56 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 6 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 32 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry