5-year-old hit by car in NW Houston parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teen driver is accused of running over a five-year-old child in a northwest Houston parking lot Saturday.
Witnesses said the five-year-old had just finished practice in a football field off Bammel North Houston at Misty Valley Drive and was walking into the parking lot to his or her parents.
According to the child's coach, the child was struck by a car driven by a teenage female. The coach tells us the driver was speeding through the parking lot when the accident happened.
We are told the child was transported to Texas Children's Hospital with massive head injuries. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
A second auto-pedestrian accident occured about an hour later and involved a six-year-old child. It happened in north Houston at an apartment complex in the 811 block of Richcrest. Harris County Sheriff's office deputies said the child was riding through the complex on his bicycle when he was struck by a vehicle. He was transported to an area hospital but is expected to be OK.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 26 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 38 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 21 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 28 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 26 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- There's pee in the water -- again!