Security guard fatally shot outside game room
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A security guard was shot and killed overnight outside a game room in southeast Houston.
Police say at around 11:30pm Saturday, two unknown male suspects entered the Evergreen Gameroom at 1501 Evergreen Drive. One of the suspects pulled the victim out into the parking lot, pushed him to the ground, and fatally shot him.
The same suspect then entered the game room and looked around while displaying a black, semi-automatic pistol. Both suspects then fled the scene in a 2004 to 2009 white Pontiac Grand Prix eastbound on Parsons Street.
The victim, identified as Pedro Emilio De Pena, 40, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspects are described only as two black males. The shooter is 25 to 30 years of age, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs about 160 pounds and has a medium brown skin tone. He was wearing dark-colored long shorts, a T-shirt, tennis shoes, and a ball cap.
The other suspect wore dark colored long shorts, a dark-colored T-shirt, tennis shoes and a dark colored ball cap.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians