Off-duty deputy involved in accident on Highway 290
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A serious accident shut down all eastbound lanes of Highway 290 during rush hour this morning.
The accident happened just before 7:45am at Huffmeister Road near Highway 6.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, an off-duty Polk County sheriff deputy ran into the back of another vehicle. The deputy was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital via Life Flight as a precaution. He was reportedly alert and concious.
There is no word on injuries of the the other driver.
The accident was cleared just before 8:30am. Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 54 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 1 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston 38 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- David Tillman's weather forecast
9 min ago
- Schools add yoga program to empower kids
23 min ago