Cleveland rape case suspect wanted on new charge of aggravated assault in unrelated case
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- One of the suspects in the alleged rape case in Cleveland is now facing new charges in an unrelated case.
On July 15 at around 3:30am, Liberty Co. Sheriff's Office deputies say Rayford Tyrone Ellis, Jr assaulted a victim with a weapon, causing serious bodily injury to the victim. The incident happened on CR 331 in Liberty County. Ellis is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He is one of the 12 suspects involved in the alleged Cleveland rape case that has made national headlines.
Ellis, 21, should be considered dangerous, and it is unknown if he is armed at this time.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Ellis is urged to contact the Liberty County Sheriff's Office at 936-336-4500 or LibertyTXSheriff.com (Crime Stoppers tab) or their local law enforcement agency.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 5 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 6 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 40 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations 3 min ago
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake 44 min ago
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store' 38 min ago
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison 22 min ago
- Man held up on his way home from bank 10 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 16 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood 7 min ago
49 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos