Cleveland rape case suspect wanted on new charge of aggravated assault in unrelated case
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- One of the suspects in the alleged rape case in Cleveland is now facing new charges in an unrelated case.
On July 15 at around 3:30am, Liberty Co. Sheriff's Office deputies say Rayford Tyrone Ellis, Jr assaulted a victim with a weapon, causing serious bodily injury to the victim. The incident happened on CR 331 in Liberty County. Ellis is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He is one of the 12 suspects involved in the alleged Cleveland rape case that has made national headlines.
Ellis, 21, should be considered dangerous, and it is unknown if he is armed at this time.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Ellis is urged to contact the Liberty County Sheriff's Office at 936-336-4500 or LibertyTXSheriff.com (Crime Stoppers tab) or their local law enforcement agency.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach 36 min ago
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used 4 min ago
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands 9 min ago
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword 19 min ago
- Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword
19 min ago