Two swiped rabbits returned to Galveston sanctuary
GALVESTON, TX -- The bunnies are back in Galveston.
Police say security video showing two men stealing rabbits named Gigi and Muffin has led to the safe return of the expensive animals.
Galveston police on Friday released surveillance video of the bunny thefts with the hope that media coverage would generate leads. The furry creatures, worth $400 apiece, were taken from the yard of A Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn on July 14.
Innkeeper Marcy Hanson received a call Monday night from a man who said he saw himself on TV in the security video. Hanson says the man wanted to return the rabbits.
Hanson says he left the animals with a passing woman who then returned the rabbits unharmed.
Police are trying to identify the two men.
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 25 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys
- Woman would rather be evicted than quit smoking 8 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
26 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos