Two swiped rabbits returned to Galveston sanctuary
GALVESTON, TX -- The bunnies are back in Galveston.
Police say security video showing two men stealing rabbits named Gigi and Muffin has led to the safe return of the expensive animals.
Galveston police on Friday released surveillance video of the bunny thefts with the hope that media coverage would generate leads. The furry creatures, worth $400 apiece, were taken from the yard of A Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn on July 14.
Innkeeper Marcy Hanson received a call Monday night from a man who said he saw himself on TV in the security video. Hanson says the man wanted to return the rabbits.
Hanson says he left the animals with a passing woman who then returned the rabbits unharmed.
Police are trying to identify the two men.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Truck overturns near La Porte; people asked to avoid area
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire 41 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home 42 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida