Man waving gun inside restaurant shot by off-duty officer
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man reportedly ranting and waving a gun inside a Pasadena restaurant was shot by an off-duty Houston police officer Sunday night.
The officer's family was inside the Pepper's Steak and Seafood on Fairmont when the gunman walked in.
The officer's family called him and told him the man was waving the gun around and threatening customers and staff. The officer rushed to the restaurant and confronted the man.
The officer came face to face with the suspect inside, who displayed his weapon and failed to respond to commands to drop the gun, police say. The Houston officer responded with several rounds of gunfire, striking the suspect multiple times. The suspect was transported via Life Flight to Herman Hospital.
The case is under investigation by Pasadena police detectives, Houston PD Internal Affairs, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
The officer and customers were not hurt.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 2 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 35 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers