Man waving gun inside restaurant shot by off-duty officer
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man reportedly ranting and waving a gun inside a Pasadena restaurant was shot by an off-duty Houston police officer Sunday night.
The officer's family was inside the Pepper's Steak and Seafood on Fairmont when the gunman walked in.
The officer's family called him and told him the man was waving the gun around and threatening customers and staff. The officer rushed to the restaurant and confronted the man.
The officer came face to face with the suspect inside, who displayed his weapon and failed to respond to commands to drop the gun, police say. The Houston officer responded with several rounds of gunfire, striking the suspect multiple times. The suspect was transported via Life Flight to Herman Hospital.
The case is under investigation by Pasadena police detectives, Houston PD Internal Affairs, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
The officer and customers were not hurt.
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods about comment 35 min ago
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director 35 min ago
- Doctor wants tougher laws on dog maulings 29 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 56 min ago
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone