Man waving gun inside restaurant shot by off-duty officer
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man reportedly ranting and waving a gun inside a Pasadena restaurant was shot by an off-duty Houston police officer Sunday night.
The officer's family was inside the Pepper's Steak and Seafood on Fairmont when the gunman walked in.
The officer's family called him and told him the man was waving the gun around and threatening customers and staff. The officer rushed to the restaurant and confronted the man.
The officer came face to face with the suspect inside, who displayed his weapon and failed to respond to commands to drop the gun, police say. The Houston officer responded with several rounds of gunfire, striking the suspect multiple times. The suspect was transported via Life Flight to Herman Hospital.
The case is under investigation by Pasadena police detectives, Houston PD Internal Affairs, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
The officer and customers were not hurt.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 44 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Massive fire breaks out at NE Harris Co. home
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game 10 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class