HOT lane opens up on Southwest Freeway
houston (KTRK) -- Today, METRO is celebrating another HOT lane for drivers who are in a hurry, this time on the Southwest Freeway.
So called, 'HOT' lanes work like HOV lanes, except people who are driving solo can use them, if they are willing to pay to use them.
Tolls range from $1 to $4.50 based on the time of day. They will be closed to solo drivers at the peak of the morning and afternoon rush hours.
No cash is accepted, HOT lane users must have an authorized toll tag.
The HOV will remain free for motorcycles and cars with more than one person.
- Mail carrier's vehicle found burned in San Jacinto Co
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Notice smoke and haze across the Houston area?
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Some lost everything to North Texas tornadoes
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Pct. 6 Constable Trevino center of new investigation
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Houston Ship Channel signals healthy economy
- SWAT situation at Alief-area home ends without arrest
- Barry Manilow concert in The Woodlands postponed
- otrc: Emma Watson talks 'tramp stamp'
- abcnews: Pat Robertson tells cheater's wife 'He's a...
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos