Boy nearly drowns in pool in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a near-drowning in southwest Houston that sent a child to a hospital Monday afternoon.
The incident happened around 4:30pm at the Chimney Rock apartments in the 5400 block of Chimney Rock.
A witness says the boy was swimming under his grandmother's watch when something went wrong.
The witness says the boy was found at the bottom of the pool, and a neighbor jumped in, pulled the boy out and started administering CPR.
"He's going to be OK. I'm just here thinking about it, thanking God for it right now," the witness told us. "Parents need to watch their kids more often at the pool. I know it's hard and everything but pay attention."
The boy was taken to Texas Children's Hospital. The neighbor who administered CPR at the scene says the boy did have a pulse as he was being transported to the hospital. However, authorities could not confirm his condition.
Detectives are still trying to figure out exactly how the boy ended up in the bottom of the pool.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 21 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
- Comic and sci fi fans get their fix at...
44 min ago