Woman dancing in HOV lane in north Houston causes officer to wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say an officer had to swerve to avoid a woman who was dancing in the middle of the road overnight.
The officer crashed while swerving on the North Freeway near New Haven. Investigators say several officers tried stopping the woman when she was dancing in the HOV lane.
Police say she ran across the northbound feeder. An officer swerved to avoid her and crashed into a guardrail. The squad car suffered minor damage.
Charges against the woman are pending.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 57 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 31 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising