Dad accused of burning baby with hair dryer
WEBSTER, TX (KTRK) -- A nine-month-old baby suffered burns from a hair dryer and now her father is facing charges.
Police say the infant was taken to Texas Children's Hospital on May 11 with circular burn marks on her cheek and thighs.
Court documents state that on May 8 the baby was home alone with her father, Anthony Bastida, while her mother was at the store. Bastida told authorities that he had been blow drying his hair and left the dryer on when he set it down on the bed next to the baby and left the room.
The baby's mother told police she noticed the burn marks while the family was on a trip to Louisiana.
According to medical records, doctors say the baby's injuries don't match Bastida's explanation and are consistent with child abuse.
Bastida, 20, has been charged with felony injury to a child. No bond has been set in the case.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela 48 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- 5 Things to Know for Today 42 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash 39 min ago
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- David Tillman's Friday weather forecast
20 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos