Charges filed in wreck that killed Deer Park teen
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update to a deadly crash that involved a botched investigation.
Deer Park police have charged Taylar Braden with manslaughter for the death of 18-year-old Andreaka Bell in August of last year. Police say eyewitnesses saw Braden drinking at a party before she crashed a car.
Bell and another girl were in the car. Bell was killed and the other girl survived.
"The speed limit on this portion of Pasadena Boulevard was 40 miles per hour and based on the reconstruction and data collected from the scene, Ms Braden was going at least 88 miles per hour," said Assistant Harris County DA Todd Keagle.
Former Deer Park Police Officer Thomas Goodwin was in charge of this case. He resigned last month after being placed on administrative leave, when officers discovered Braden's blood alcohol level was never tested and no eyewitnesses were interviewed.
deer park, local
- One dead after police chase comes to end 11 min ago
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks 13 min ago
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County 45 min ago
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US 35 min ago
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop 52 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 55 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Sketch released of suspect who tied up victim
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Yummy ice cream doesn't have to be pricey
28 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos