Waller man accused of killing his family pleads guilty
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Back in March, the murder of an entire family by one of its own shattered the quiet security of a Waller County neighborhood. Now we've learned that 23-year-old Trey Sesler has entered a plea and is on his way to prison.
Sesler, 23, pleaded guilty to the murder of his mother, father and brother. On Thursday, he was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
It was back on March 20 that Sesler killed his mother, Rhonda, his father, Lawton and his 25-year-old brother, Mark.
On Thursday in the courtroom, the Waller police chief described the mood as somber. He said while he was in the courtroom, he says he never heard Sesler speak.
On Thursday afternoon, as word got out about the sentencing, people we spoke to were sharing their thoughts. Some say they believe he should of received a harsher sentence for murdering his family.
"Death penalty, definitely, because it was obviously premeditated. It had to have been. He's crazy," resident Logan Peavy said.
"People are going to be happy that justice is served, but they're not going to be happy with how it's served," resident Stanton Ashley said.
After Sesler was sentenced, family members were also able to share their thoughts, explaining how his actions have effected their family and the community here. We spoke with some members of the family Thursday, but they said they didn't want to publicly comment on the sentencing.
Since Sesler's arrest, he's been held in the Waller County Jail.
According to the DA, from there he will go to Huntsville, where he will be assigned a prison and serve his sentence.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 4 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 40 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong storms move through SE Texas
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents 36 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone