Dozens of rescued cats need new homes
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Save-A-Cat rescue and the Galveston County Animal Rescue Center hope to find homes for dozens of cats that will otherwise be put down.
The cats, which were rescued from a facility in Texas City, are now in the custody of Galveston County and will be up for adoption this weekend.
The Save-a-Cat rescue adoption center at 5115 Buffalo Speedway in Houston will show the cats from 10am until 5pm on Saturday and from noon to 5pm on Sunday.
The fee for adoption is only $10. Most of the 43 cats that will be up for adoption have some type of special needs. But the biggest need they have is a home.
If they're not adopted, the cats will be euthanized on August 22.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 7 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 47 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
32 min ago