Woman hit by truck, killed while crossing street
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman died after crossing the street in front of traffic overnight on Houston's south side.
It happened around 9pm Friday on Scott at Yellowstone.
Police said a 45-year-old woman was in the crosswalk, walking against a red light.
An approaching pickup truck had a green light. The truck hit the woman and she was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital where she later died.
The driver of the truck stayed on the scene. Police said the driver will not face any charges.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 54 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 2 min ago
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression 1 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 39 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty