Man shot to death in SW Houston home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who answered a knock on his door this morning in southwest Houston was met with deadly gunfire, police said.
It happened around 6:15am at the Casa Miranda Apartments in the 12200 block of Fondren near West Airport.
According to Houston police, two men were at the home when someone knocked on the door. One of them answered the door, and two unknown black males in their 20s barged in, shooting.
Police said they shot the man who answered the door an unknown number of times. He died in the apartment.
The other male inside was not hurt. He was in a back bedroom and police said the intruders may not have known he was there.
Investigators believe robbery was the motive, but what exactly was taken is still to be determined.
The shooters got away and are still at large. Anyone with information about this crime is urged to call HPD or Crime Stoppers.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 23 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 57 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?