Katy man killed, another injured in ND camp shooting
TIOGA, ND -- A man is in custody after a shooting at a crew camp in the western North Dakota oil patch that left one person dead and another injured.
The Williams County Sheriff's Office tells The Forum newspaper that the shooting was reported at 10:15 p.m. Saturday at the Wanzek camp near Tioga.
Fifty-seven-year-old Gerald Schild of Katy, Texas, was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Thirty-eight-year-old Travis Lomax of Fort Smith, Ark., was transported to a Minot hospital for treatment. A third man was taken into custody.
katy, north dakota, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 2 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary 28 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Which food trucks had violations?
32 min ago