Katy man killed, another injured in ND camp shooting
TIOGA, ND -- A man is in custody after a shooting at a crew camp in the western North Dakota oil patch that left one person dead and another injured.
The Williams County Sheriff's Office tells The Forum newspaper that the shooting was reported at 10:15 p.m. Saturday at the Wanzek camp near Tioga.
Fifty-seven-year-old Gerald Schild of Katy, Texas, was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Thirty-eight-year-old Travis Lomax of Fort Smith, Ark., was transported to a Minot hospital for treatment. A third man was taken into custody.
katy, north dakota, local
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 17, Texans 10 (3) 16 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter 45 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 7 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 16 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere