Sketches released in game room murder
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Investigators are hoping a couple of sketches may help them track down suspects in a robbery that left a security guard dead.
It happened around 7:30am Sunday at a game room on the East Freeway at Sjolander in Baytown. The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the security guard was working in the game room, when three Hispanic males who were playing machines in the establishment produced handguns and got into a physical confrontation with the guard.
The victim was shot, and the suspects then ran to the office and stole cash from the business.
These composite sketches have been created for two of the suspects.
One suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 20 to 25 years old, with a dark complexion and short cut hair. He was wearing a short sleeve blue shirt with no sleeves.
A second suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 20 to 25 years old, with a fair complexion. He was wearing a plaid or square blue shirt and blue jeans.
The only description of the third suspect is that he was wearing a red shirt at the time.
Investigators are also very interested in speaking with a female patron named Carmen. They say she spoke with the suspects earlier that morning. Homicide investigators are only interested in speaking with her. She is not a suspect in this case.
Investigators say the suspects fled in an older model Chevrolet Suburban with dark tinted windows.
The victim was pronounced dead by emergency medical crews.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck