Suspected purse snatcher caught near I-45 and Woodridge
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A suspected purse snatcher was arrested Monday, thanks in part to a in League City firefighter who saw him fleeing.
The alleged theft happened in the 2700 block of West Main Street. According to League City Police, the suspect, identified as 30-year-old Frankie Marquise Smith, fled the scene after stealing a woman's purse.
A League City Volunteer firefighter saw Smith fleeing and called police. Police caught up with him along I-45 and Woodridge, where Smith was arrested without incident.
According to police, the victim did complain of minor injuries, but was treated and released at the scene.
Smith is charged with Robbery and his bond is set at $40,000.
league city, local
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 42 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 43 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations 40 min ago
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison 59 min ago
- Man held up on his way home from bank 47 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 4 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood 44 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos