Suspected purse snatcher caught near I-45 and Woodridge
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A suspected purse snatcher was arrested Monday, thanks in part to a in League City firefighter who saw him fleeing.
The alleged theft happened in the 2700 block of West Main Street. According to League City Police, the suspect, identified as 30-year-old Frankie Marquise Smith, fled the scene after stealing a woman's purse.
A League City Volunteer firefighter saw Smith fleeing and called police. Police caught up with him along I-45 and Woodridge, where Smith was arrested without incident.
According to police, the victim did complain of minor injuries, but was treated and released at the scene.
Smith is charged with Robbery and his bond is set at $40,000.
league city, local
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves 52 min ago
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County 54 min ago
- Houston city pools open this weekend 55 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday 59 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption