Police: Man stripped, shot to death in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An argument late last night in northeast Houston ended with a shooting. The victim was found naked.
It happened at a home in the 3200 block of Lee near Brewster around 11pm. Investigators say the 36-year-old victim was outside on the street when he was approached by two unknown male suspects.
Police say both suspects then made unknown demands and, at some point, one of the suspects fired a shot and struck the victim. They then stripped him of his clothes and ran off. As the shooter fled the area, he fired several more shots.
Investigators didn't get into how many shots were fired or where the victim was hit. The victim, Jimmy Earl Wooten, 36, was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
At this time, police say it has not been determined if the gunfire was directed at Wooten or any possible witnesses in the area.
"We do not know the motive right now," said Sgt Peg Jewell with the Houston Police Department Homicide Division. "It could be robbery or it could be a dispute."
The suspects, described only as two black males, fled the scene in a blue or black Chevrolet Tahoe.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle 58 min ago
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby