New concert venue could be coming to Sugar Land
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A new concert venue could soon be coming to Sugar Land.
The Sugar Land City Council and Sugar Land Development Corporation approved a letter of intent to develop a future concert and performing arts facility. The proposed site for the 6,500 seat facility's location is near the Southwest Freeway and University Boulevard.
The letter of intent establishes funding to start designing the facility, which the city says will promote economic development, create employment opportunities and enhance educational offerings
No timeline has been set for completion of the project.
sugar land, local
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 17 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 16 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 23 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 21 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish