Ecstasy pills, weapons seized in drug ring operation in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Thousands of ecstasy pills were seized at a southwest Houston home last night. Police say this operation was one of Houston's biggest suppliers of the drugs.
Investigators say they discovered drugs and weapons in the home on Beckford near Shannon Hills.
They found several thousand ecstasy tablets as well as a dye press and stamps which they used to mark the pills. The sophisticated operation, they say, likely covered a large area in Houston.
The Houston Fire Department was brought in when police say they say they also discovered a large amount of white powder in boxes, perhaps, they say, part of the operation. The fire department was called out to help in processing all of the materials in the house.
They took the owner of the house into custody. A man in his 30s now faces charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
Police say despite calling the fire department out, there was not any danger to neighbors.
local, elissa rivas
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death 45 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown 21 min ago
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot 36 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 20 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench 39 min ago
- Overturned big rig causing rush hour problems on 288
- Jodi Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 56 min ago
- Child at center of Amber Alert found safe 56 min ago
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
6 min ago
- Ancient Egyptian exhibit to expand in Houston
49 min ago