Rural property searched for missing woman
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- The search of a rural area north of Rosenberg for a Minnesota woman who disappeared in 2007 has concluded.
Authorities received a Crime Stoppers tip which led investigators to a rural property in the 100 block of Rustic Lane near the Brazos River where they hoped to find evidence that would reveal the woman's ultimate fate.
Investigators collected some items, but they must be analyzed to determine if they have any connection to the case.
Sarah Cruz was 35 when she disappeared. However, no one ever reported her disappearance to authorities in Texas or Minnesota.
The search of a five-acre parcel of land near the Brazos began early Thursday. Investigators completed the search at about 3pm Friday.
Authorities say two persons of interest have been connected to the case, though one has died. The other is incarcerated. The matter remains under investigation.
"We have to work under the assumption that it's a possibility she's out there and we are doing everything we can to recover her," said Bob Haenel with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
As many as 50 people were involved in the search, battling extreme heat and humidity during the two-day search with temperatures nearing 100 degrees. Terrain on the tract ranged from trees with thick underbrush to open areas as well as two ponds. Personnel worked from early Thursday morning to dusk, and started again early Friday morning.
Anyone who has knowledge about Sarah Cruz is asked to contact Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS or the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Dispatch at 281-341-4665. All calls to the Crime Stoppers TIPS line are anonymous.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 30 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes 4 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 48 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 30 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 19 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 57 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos