Rural property searched for missing woman
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- The search of a rural area north of Rosenberg for a Minnesota woman who disappeared in 2007 has concluded.
Authorities received a Crime Stoppers tip which led investigators to a rural property in the 100 block of Rustic Lane near the Brazos River where they hoped to find evidence that would reveal the woman's ultimate fate.
Investigators collected some items, but they must be analyzed to determine if they have any connection to the case.
Sarah Cruz was 35 when she disappeared. However, no one ever reported her disappearance to authorities in Texas or Minnesota.
The search of a five-acre parcel of land near the Brazos began early Thursday. Investigators completed the search at about 3pm Friday.
Authorities say two persons of interest have been connected to the case, though one has died. The other is incarcerated. The matter remains under investigation.
"We have to work under the assumption that it's a possibility she's out there and we are doing everything we can to recover her," said Bob Haenel with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
As many as 50 people were involved in the search, battling extreme heat and humidity during the two-day search with temperatures nearing 100 degrees. Terrain on the tract ranged from trees with thick underbrush to open areas as well as two ponds. Personnel worked from early Thursday morning to dusk, and started again early Friday morning.
Anyone who has knowledge about Sarah Cruz is asked to contact Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS or the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Dispatch at 281-341-4665. All calls to the Crime Stoppers TIPS line are anonymous.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 12 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 18 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs 22 min ago
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate
- Houston emergency rooms filling up
26 min ago
- Treating asthma by burning the lungs
22 min ago