Rural property searched for missing woman
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- The search of a rural area north of Rosenberg for a Minnesota woman who disappeared in 2007 has concluded.
Authorities received a Crime Stoppers tip which led investigators to a rural property in the 100 block of Rustic Lane near the Brazos River where they hoped to find evidence that would reveal the woman's ultimate fate.
Investigators collected some items, but they must be analyzed to determine if they have any connection to the case.
Sarah Cruz was 35 when she disappeared. However, no one ever reported her disappearance to authorities in Texas or Minnesota.
The search of a five-acre parcel of land near the Brazos began early Thursday. Investigators completed the search at about 3pm Friday.
Authorities say two persons of interest have been connected to the case, though one has died. The other is incarcerated. The matter remains under investigation.
"We have to work under the assumption that it's a possibility she's out there and we are doing everything we can to recover her," said Bob Haenel with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
As many as 50 people were involved in the search, battling extreme heat and humidity during the two-day search with temperatures nearing 100 degrees. Terrain on the tract ranged from trees with thick underbrush to open areas as well as two ponds. Personnel worked from early Thursday morning to dusk, and started again early Friday morning.
Anyone who has knowledge about Sarah Cruz is asked to contact Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS or the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Dispatch at 281-341-4665. All calls to the Crime Stoppers TIPS line are anonymous.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 1 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 33 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home 30 min ago
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune 54 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 8 min ago
- Thousands of trees will be planted in Memorial Park today
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
31 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos