PD: Woman caught going through nursing home worker's purse
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Houston woman with outstanding warrants was arrested in Friendswood yesterday morning after allegedly going through a nursing home administrator's purse.
It was around 9:40am when investigators say Treatha Robinson Johnson, 45, went to the Heritage Nursing Home on East Heritage Drive, entered an open office and started rummaging through a purse.
The employee whose office it was reportedly walked in and saw what was happening. Johnson, who apparently told employees there that she was at the facility to get information for her mother, was detained by staff until police arrived.
When police got there, they found that Johnson had five outstanding warrants for credit card abuse out of Montgomery County and Galveston. She was taken into custody and transported to the Friendswood City Jail.
Police say Johnson's bond for theft was set at $1,000.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 20 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 39 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 48 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle