Hit-and-run driver leads police on chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is in custody for allegedly leading police on a chase after a hit-and-run accident.
The pursuit ended on Bellaire at Redding when the suspect crashed again, officials said.
According to police, the driver fled after a minor accident on Harwin at Gessner.
Officers spotted him and pursued him with speeds reaching 90 mph before the suspect wrecked his truck.
He was taken to the hospital with a broken hand. Officials said he is charged with evading arrest and failure to stop and give information.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 1 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 13 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 9 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 6 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin 19 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 1 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved