1 dead, 1 critical after crash in west Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was killed and his wife was in the hospital Sunday after a crash in west Harris County.
A passerby called 911 just after 4am after seeing a white Mercedes Benz upside-down in a ditch in the 24100 block of Clay Road near Peek.
Deputies arrived to find the man dead and his wife seriously hurt.
Investigators say the driver was going about three times the speed limit down the dark, rural roadway when he lost control. They crashed into a ditch and flipped several times, landing on the roof of the sedan.
The woman went to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Life Flight. At last check, she was in critical condition.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos