1 dead, 1 critical after crash in west Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was killed and his wife was in the hospital Sunday after a crash in west Harris County.
A passerby called 911 just after 4am after seeing a white Mercedes Benz upside-down in a ditch in the 24100 block of Clay Road near Peek.
Deputies arrived to find the man dead and his wife seriously hurt.
Investigators say the driver was going about three times the speed limit down the dark, rural roadway when he lost control. They crashed into a ditch and flipped several times, landing on the roof of the sedan.
The woman went to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Life Flight. At last check, she was in critical condition.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 8 min ago
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 58 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 8 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows 6 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1