HCSO: AC theft suspects caught red-handed in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office says three men were caught red-handed stealing air conditioning units from an apartment complex this morning.
It happened at the La Hoya apartments on Richey near Ella in northwest Harris County around 3am.
The deputy says he spotted a pickup truck on the side of the road and investigated. The man told him his truck ran out of gas, but he was fine and drove off.
The deputy parked nearby and saw three men return in the pickup, jump out and grab four AC units worth up to $20,000.
After they drove off, the deputy pulled them over and arrested them for felony theft.
A wrecker driver got involved when he was called out to tow the suspects' pickup which had a container full of stolen copper in the back of it. Police say they arrested the driver when he allegedly tried to make off with that container.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 56 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 28 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 16 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 47 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos