Wounded College Station officer discharged from hospital
raw video: Authorities give new details in CS shooting
raw video: Authorities discuss Texas A&M shooting
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- A Central Texas police officer wounded in a deadly gunbattle is out of the hospital as mourners prepare to remember a slain constable.
A spokeswoman at College Station Medical Center said Wednesday that Officer Justin Oehlke (OL'-kee) has been discharged.
Funeral arrangements for Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann are being finalized. Bachmann was killed Monday by gunman Thomas Caffall III while serving an eviction notice near Texas A&M University.
Other officers fatally shot Caffall. A bystander checking some property, Chris Northcliff, was also shot to death.
Oehlke was among three College Station officers and a female bystander who were wounded. The other officers were treated for gun shrapnel and released Monday.
Hospital officials Wednesday did not immediately update the condition of Barbara Holdsworth of Houston, who has a shoulder wound.
texas a&m, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Notable events that happened on this date in history
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a pro