Constable's funeral Saturday at Texas A&M's Reed Arena
raw video: Authorities give new details in CS shooting
raw video: Authorities discuss Texas A&M shooting
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- A funeral will be held Saturday at Texas A&M University for a law officer gunned down nearby while serving an eviction notice.
The College Station Police Department on Wednesday announced arrangements for Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann.
Bachmann was killed Monday by suspect Thomas Caffall III. Other officers fatally shot Caffall.
A bystander checking some property was also shot to death. Three police officers and a female bystander were wounded.
Viewing has been scheduled Friday evening at Christ United Methodist Church in College Station.
Bachmann's funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Reed Arena, which has a total seating capacity of 12,500.
Officer Rhonda Seaton says both remembrances are open to the public.
texas a&m, local
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 40 min ago
- Students, parents react after HISD vote 6 min ago
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom of sextuplets honored on 'Live with Kelly and... 6 min ago
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone 6 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!