Two women arrested after reported road rage incident
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Two women were arrested after an alleged road rage incident Tuesday in Montgomery County.
It was around 6:30pm that deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office were called to assist an off-duty Harris County sheriff's deputy near the Brazos River Loop and Rio Grande River Loop in the Creekside Village subdivision.
That off-duty deputy had reportedly witnessed one car intentionally run into another vehicle. Investigators say he approached one of the vehicles and identified himself as an officer. He says he tried to speak with the female driver, identified as Robin Scott, 21, of Spring, who he believed to be intoxicated.
That's when investigators say Scott tried to take off, running over his foot and hitting his vehicle.
The off-duty deputy then reportedly tried to detain Scott, but she resisted. As this was happening, investigators say the female passenger in the car, identified as Renee Rose Williams, 23, of Conroe, jumped behind the wheel and took off.
Montgomery County sheriff's deputies arrived and arrested Scott and later found and arrested Williams.
Scott is charged with Assault of a Peace Office, Driving While Intoxicated and Criminal Mischief. Her bond is set at $5,600. Williams is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and Evading. Her bond is set at $2,500.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident