Two women arrested after reported road rage incident
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Two women were arrested after an alleged road rage incident Tuesday in Montgomery County.
It was around 6:30pm that deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office were called to assist an off-duty Harris County sheriff's deputy near the Brazos River Loop and Rio Grande River Loop in the Creekside Village subdivision.
That off-duty deputy had reportedly witnessed one car intentionally run into another vehicle. Investigators say he approached one of the vehicles and identified himself as an officer. He says he tried to speak with the female driver, identified as Robin Scott, 21, of Spring, who he believed to be intoxicated.
That's when investigators say Scott tried to take off, running over his foot and hitting his vehicle.
The off-duty deputy then reportedly tried to detain Scott, but she resisted. As this was happening, investigators say the female passenger in the car, identified as Renee Rose Williams, 23, of Conroe, jumped behind the wheel and took off.
Montgomery County sheriff's deputies arrived and arrested Scott and later found and arrested Williams.
Scott is charged with Assault of a Peace Office, Driving While Intoxicated and Criminal Mischief. Her bond is set at $5,600. Williams is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and Evading. Her bond is set at $2,500.
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 18 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal 21 min ago
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 25 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 5 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home 48 min ago
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party 44 min ago