Baby of teen parents dies in tragic accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two teenage parents are grieving after their baby died in a tragic accident.
The baby, identified by relatives as Ernest Robert Derek, spent the night with an aunt at her home in northeast Houston. The aunt says she woke up Thursday morning and screamed for help when she realized the baby was not breathing.
Family members tell Eyewitness News the aunt had accidentally rolled over the child. A relative says the child had just turned one month old.
"I had just seen the baby the other day and he looked healthy and happy. I can't believe he's gone already. I just seen him," said Joyce Davis, relative of the aunt.
The baby's teenage mother and father were staying across the street when this all happened. Both of the parents are in high school.
Houston police are investigating.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 12 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 15 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 15 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day