Suspected drunk driver accused of crashing car into house appears in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspected drunk driver was in court Friday morning accused of crashing his car into house.
Prosecutors say Anthony Franco admitted to drinking and told them he knew someone was pinned beneath his car. Early Wednesday morning, Franco allegedly lost control, hit a light pole, then slammed into a house. His car landed on top of a woman inside.
Neighbors were able to pry the car off the woman. She was treated for minor burns.
Deputies say Franco's blood alcohol content was .12. Franco is charged with DWI and failure to stop and render aid.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos