Suspected drunk driver accused of crashing car into house appears in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspected drunk driver was in court Friday morning accused of crashing his car into house.
Prosecutors say Anthony Franco admitted to drinking and told them he knew someone was pinned beneath his car. Early Wednesday morning, Franco allegedly lost control, hit a light pole, then slammed into a house. His car landed on top of a woman inside.
Neighbors were able to pry the car off the woman. She was treated for minor burns.
Deputies say Franco's blood alcohol content was .12. Franco is charged with DWI and failure to stop and render aid.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 1 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 4 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 6 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 48 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 7 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
22 min ago