Three people injured in flash fire at mechanical facility
HOCKLEY, TX (KTRK) -- Three people were injured Sunday in a flash fire at a mechanical facility in northwest Harris County.
It happened around 12:30pm at Watco Mechanical Services in the 17000 block of Premium Drive in Hockley.
Three Life Flight helicopters were called to the scene, officials said.
According to the company's website, the plant repairs railcars. Emergency responders at the scene said the three victims were in a paint booth under construction when paint dust caught fire.
The extent of their injuries was unknown.
No other details were released.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southsoutheast west Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim 52 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 41 min ago
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town