Dog bites send Fort Bend Co. boy to hospital
GREATWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A boy was airlifted to an area hospital Sunday evening after he was bitten by a family pet, officials said.
According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, a dog bit the 11-year-old on the head and thigh.
It happened around 4:15pm on Hillside Street in Greatwood.
A spokesperson for FBCSO tells us the dog is a Bullmastiff and belongs to the boy's family. It was unclear what led up to the bites.
There is no word yet on the child's condition. We'll keep you updated on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as new information comes into the newsroom.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos