Woman, 73, hailed for fending off burglar with fork
HOUSTON -- A 73-year-old Houston woman has been hailed for scaring off a burglar by stabbing him with a barbecue fork.
Houston police on Monday did not immediately provide details on whether anyone has been arrested.
Margaret Jackson says she stopped by her daughter's house Friday afternoon when she saw a young man trying to break in through the back door.
Jackson says she looked around the kitchen for some utensils to use as weapons. She grabbed a barbecue fork and scissors.
Jackson says she flung open the door and struggled with the youth. Jackson says she stabbed the suspect in the neck with the fork as he ran away. She wasn't injured.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 9 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 31 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 14 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'