Pair accused of deadly animal cruelty
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man and woman are facing felony charges, accused of torturing animals and videotaping the crime to make money.
Ashley Richards and Brent Justice appeared in court Monday morning on animal cruelty charges. Prosecutors say the pair used a meat cleaver to torture a puppy. The pit bull pup later died.
Richards is also charged for another case, in which she allegedly killed a cat. Lawyers say the deaths were videotaped and posted online for cash.
"Ms. Richards stated she made these videos at the request of customers," said prosecutor Belinda Smith.
Richards is being held on a $40,000 bond. The bond for Justice was set at $20,000.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos