Pair accused of deadly animal cruelty
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man and woman are facing felony charges, accused of torturing animals and videotaping the crime to make money.
Ashley Richards and Brent Justice appeared in court Monday morning on animal cruelty charges. Prosecutors say the pair used a meat cleaver to torture a puppy. The pit bull pup later died.
Richards is also charged for another case, in which she allegedly killed a cat. Lawyers say the deaths were videotaped and posted online for cash.
"Ms. Richards stated she made these videos at the request of customers," said prosecutor Belinda Smith.
Richards is being held on a $40,000 bond. The bond for Justice was set at $20,000.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale