Pair accused of deadly animal cruelty
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man and woman are facing felony charges, accused of torturing animals and videotaping the crime to make money.
Ashley Richards and Brent Justice appeared in court Monday morning on animal cruelty charges. Prosecutors say the pair used a meat cleaver to torture a puppy. The pit bull pup later died.
Richards is also charged for another case, in which she allegedly killed a cat. Lawyers say the deaths were videotaped and posted online for cash.
"Ms. Richards stated she made these videos at the request of customers," said prosecutor Belinda Smith.
Richards is being held on a $40,000 bond. The bond for Justice was set at $20,000.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo