Several men suspected in series of robberies arrested
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a pack of serial robbers is off the streets after a sharp-eyed officer stopped their crime spree in its tracks.
An officer spotted a suspicious vehicle around 11pm on Bissonnet near Beechnut in southwest Houston. That vehicle matched a description of a vehicle seen in a rash of recent robberies of apartments in the Hillcroft and Bellaire area.
When the officer pulled them over, three suspects bailed out , all running with guns. One took off with a shotgun in his hands. The other two had handguns.
Eventually they were rounded up with the help of precinct-5 deputy constables. They will now be questioned about that rash of recent robberies.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo