More than a dozen arrested in E. Harris Co. prostitution sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than a dozen people were arrested last week during an undercover prostitution sting in east Harris County, investigators announced yesterday.
The sting was initiated by the Harris County Sheriff's Office after several complaints from citizens in the Cloverleaf subdivision and along the I-10 east corridor.
The two-day operation targeted suspects who the sheriff's office say were soliciting sex from prostitutes and the prostitutes themselves.
"This is not the first reverse prostitution sting nor will it be the last," said Sheriff Adrian Garcia in a press release. "We will continue to target the supply and demand of this type of criminal activity by going after those who solicit sex and those who sell sex."
In the sting, undercover female deputies posed as prostitutes along with male undercover deputies who were looking for women soliciting sex for money.
In all, 17 people were arrested. All are charged with prostitution.
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 45 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 25 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 55 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 26 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
55 min ago