More than a dozen arrested in E. Harris Co. prostitution sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than a dozen people were arrested last week during an undercover prostitution sting in east Harris County, investigators announced yesterday.
The sting was initiated by the Harris County Sheriff's Office after several complaints from citizens in the Cloverleaf subdivision and along the I-10 east corridor.
The two-day operation targeted suspects who the sheriff's office say were soliciting sex from prostitutes and the prostitutes themselves.
"This is not the first reverse prostitution sting nor will it be the last," said Sheriff Adrian Garcia in a press release. "We will continue to target the supply and demand of this type of criminal activity by going after those who solicit sex and those who sell sex."
In the sting, undercover female deputies posed as prostitutes along with male undercover deputies who were looking for women soliciting sex for money.
In all, 17 people were arrested. All are charged with prostitution.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 5 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 53 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Aerials of Moore tornado damage
4 min ago