Houston Restaurant Violation Report, August 12-18
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's our weekly Restaurant Report, and yes, there is slime in the ice machine.
Health inspectors are checking out restaurants around the Houston area to make sure they are keeping clean. But this week, some places had to be temporarily closed.
This week, inspectors found the hot water in short supply at a few locations around town, and that landed five places in hot water themselves.
Inspectors say they found no adequate supply of hot water at Red Lantern at 917 Franklin Street, and also at Les Givral's in downtown at 801 Congress and also at Charivari Restaurant at 2521 Bagby and at How Do You Roll? at 914 Main Street.
All were temporarily shut down.
The problem at Champion Pizza at 6101 Glenmont is roaches living inside the butcher block knife holder and pests within the physical facility.
At Pink's Pizza at 2726 Bissonnet, inspectors found potentially hazardous food off temperature, and employees were told to throw away ham, beef, chicken, bacon and cheese; 16 pounds of food in all had to be discarded.
And finally at Phil and Derek's Restaurant and Wine Bar on 2811 Bammel, inspectors said the ice making machine was not maintained to prevent contamination. The ice was thrown out and inspectors found black and pink slime in the ice machine.
You can find out if your favorite place had problems by checking out our interactive map, just type in your zip code or the restaurant name and see for yourself.
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Notable events that happened on this date in history
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast 28 min ago
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today? 25 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a pro 32 min ago
- Mutton bustin' champ explains his strategy
17 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a...
32 min ago