Man found gunned down in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies are investigating after a deadly shooting overnight on the far northwest side.
They were called out to the 3700 block of Varla Lane in the Sablechase Subdivision at around 2am Thursday. According to police, neighbors reported hearing two gunshots near their residence. When those neighbors went outside, police say they discovered a black male, later identified as Asher Guadalupe, lying on the sidewalk.
Guadalupe, 19, suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach, but was still alive. EMS arrived on the scene and transported Guadalupe to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors, police say, saw a dark-colored 4-door sedan speed out of the neighborhood, shortly after the shooting.
Investigators say they are not aware of any motive or why he was shot. They did find a black hood and gloves next to the victim's body.
An investigation is underway.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Beautiful lights for a good cause
55 min ago