Man found gunned down in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies are investigating after a deadly shooting overnight on the far northwest side.
They were called out to the 3700 block of Varla Lane in the Sablechase Subdivision at around 2am Thursday. According to police, neighbors reported hearing two gunshots near their residence. When those neighbors went outside, police say they discovered a black male, later identified as Asher Guadalupe, lying on the sidewalk.
Guadalupe, 19, suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach, but was still alive. EMS arrived on the scene and transported Guadalupe to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors, police say, saw a dark-colored 4-door sedan speed out of the neighborhood, shortly after the shooting.
Investigators say they are not aware of any motive or why he was shot. They did find a black hood and gloves next to the victim's body.
An investigation is underway.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- La Marque student found with loaded weapon on campus 30 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 51 min ago
- Tracy McGrady will be on Skeeters' opening day roster 1 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date