Man found gunned down in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies are investigating after a deadly shooting overnight on the far northwest side.
They were called out to the 3700 block of Varla Lane in the Sablechase Subdivision at around 2am Thursday. According to police, neighbors reported hearing two gunshots near their residence. When those neighbors went outside, police say they discovered a black male, later identified as Asher Guadalupe, lying on the sidewalk.
Guadalupe, 19, suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach, but was still alive. EMS arrived on the scene and transported Guadalupe to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors, police say, saw a dark-colored 4-door sedan speed out of the neighborhood, shortly after the shooting.
Investigators say they are not aware of any motive or why he was shot. They did find a black hood and gloves next to the victim's body.
An investigation is underway.
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5 31 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 25 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles 18 min ago
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using? 25 min ago
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 13 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos