Robbery suspect flees with bag of cash from Pasadena bank vault
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Pasadena police are searching for a bank robbery suspect who fled with a bag of cash from the vault.
Police say at around 9:47am Wednesday they responded to a call to the Woodforest Bank located inside the Walmart store located at 5200 Fairmont Parkway. The caller advised the dispatcher that a bank robbery had just occurred at the bank.
When officers arrived, they were advised that the suspect approached the bank counter and forced the clerks into the back room and demanded the keys to the vault. A clerk was forced to open the vault and was ordered to put the money into bags which the suspect had brought with him. After the clerk gave the suspect the money, police say the suspect told the employees to get on the floor and he left the bank.
The suspect who came into the bank was described as a black male 25-35 years of age, about 6 foot 3, and 170 lbs. He was wearing a Cincinnati Reds gray baseball cap with a red brim, long-sleeve blue shirt and dark pants. The suspect had been seen walking by the bank several times just before the robbery with another black male, 25-35 years of age, about 6 foot 2 and 200 lbs.
Security video shows the suspect and another male getting into a newer model white Chevrolet Malibu, which was being driven by a third person.
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of suspects in this case is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-477-1221, or call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous; and, if any Crime Stoppers information leads to an arrest or the filing of felony charges, the tipster will be eligible for up to a $5,000 cash reward.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 6 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
11 min ago