Robbery suspect flees with bag of cash from Pasadena bank vault
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Pasadena police are searching for a bank robbery suspect who fled with a bag of cash from the vault.
Police say at around 9:47am Wednesday they responded to a call to the Woodforest Bank located inside the Walmart store located at 5200 Fairmont Parkway. The caller advised the dispatcher that a bank robbery had just occurred at the bank.
When officers arrived, they were advised that the suspect approached the bank counter and forced the clerks into the back room and demanded the keys to the vault. A clerk was forced to open the vault and was ordered to put the money into bags which the suspect had brought with him. After the clerk gave the suspect the money, police say the suspect told the employees to get on the floor and he left the bank.
The suspect who came into the bank was described as a black male 25-35 years of age, about 6 foot 3, and 170 lbs. He was wearing a Cincinnati Reds gray baseball cap with a red brim, long-sleeve blue shirt and dark pants. The suspect had been seen walking by the bank several times just before the robbery with another black male, 25-35 years of age, about 6 foot 2 and 200 lbs.
Security video shows the suspect and another male getting into a newer model white Chevrolet Malibu, which was being driven by a third person.
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of suspects in this case is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-477-1221, or call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous; and, if any Crime Stoppers information leads to an arrest or the filing of felony charges, the tipster will be eligible for up to a $5,000 cash reward.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles, says SKorea
- 70 injured as Connecticut commuter trains collide
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos